Twitter Updates

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ah inseparabile

This afternoon, I went to the Kennedy Center with family to see the Washington National Opera's performance of Rigoletto. If you didn't know this about me already (or didn't piece it together with that whole totally emotional, flair for the dramatic, thing) I'm absolutely crazy about opera.

If you aren't crazy about opera, perhaps then you'll just appreciate that Rigoletto is the opera that plays on the jukebox in cs_italy. You know, in case it ever comes up in some game nerd trivia contest.

Anyway, it's just another example of why knowing all kinds of different genres and subjects can be extremely useful in game development. I don't think the sound of rescuing hostages would have gone quite as well with Don Giovanni.

4 comments:

Milkman519 said...

Ah, opera...how incredibly boring...

clint said...

My friend hates that song, he destroys the jukebox every single round.

And, sadly, I did not recall the music to that name until that reference. Clearly you have your audience straight... =)

Freshmaker said...

I always shot the radio when I played T on that map. Gotta hear them pesky CTs trying to creep up on me.

Anonymous said...

You got your culture in my FPS! *had no idea either*